Business Story of the Year
Daily Mail's Tom Kelly collects his Award from Editor of Money Marketing Katey Pigden and Awards Host Marcus Brigstocke
WINNER: TOM KELLY FOR PAPA JOHN'S TYCOON'S £250K EAT OUT TO HELP OUT SCAM
Presented with a shortlist of six stories, two stood out according to the judges after the first wave of scoring took place in this category. After further scrutiny, they chose the Daily Mail’s Tom Kelly for his report into a scam of the Eat Out to Help Out scheme.
“This was the gold standard of these pieces; a watertight investigation that has everything,” one judge commented. “A cracking piece. Great investigation work,” a second judge added.
HIGHLY COMMENDED: MARINA GERNER FOR WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT INVESTORS’ PROBLEM WITH VAGINAS
The judges also wanted to recognise Marina’s entry noting it was “a great business story” and “so important yet rarely written about”.
- Postcode lottery of business support grants revealed, Lily Canter, Moneywise
- Papa John's tycoon's £250k Eat Out to Help Out scam, Tom Kelly, Daily Mail
- Platforms, pressure and Profumo’s hotel: Succession’s culture war, Jack Gilbert, New Model Adviser
- We need to talk about investors’ problem with vaginas, Marina Gerner, Wired
- Revealed: web of advice firms linked to lead generator, Laura Purkess, New Model Adviser
- The secret economics of a VIP party, Ashley Mears, The Economist's 1843 magazine